Saturday, September 1, 2012

Are You Really a Hip Hop Producer (Part 1)?

,
Instrumentals Beats Rap :

It's funny these days when I go on the Internet. Since I am a producer and a fan of hip hop, I am always searching for hip hop producers that are putting out new and different tracks. I guess I get tired of listening to same kind of beats and instrumentals all of the time. Lex Luger and Drumma Boy get copied so much that it's ridiculous.

Are You Really a Hip Hop Producer (Part 1)?

With so many beat selling sites out there that sell instrumentals to the general public, there is mass confusion on what an actual producer is. Some producers don't know themselves, even though they throw out that title all of the time.

It makes me wonder if they really know the difference between a beatmaker and a hip hop producer.

Now this issue isn't contained only to hip hop, but other genres of music (R&B, Dance, Pop) have the same issue within the music production community.

But I am going to talk to the hip hop producers today.

Signs that Your Are a Hip Hop Producer

You understand the concept of mixing a track

If you listen to beats online regularly, chances are that you have heard beats that you want to fix in your mind. You start saying "I wish that clap wasn't so loud" or "You can barely hear that kick". This means that the person that made the track doesn't know how to mix or doesn't particularly care.

It seems that making beats is such an assembly line process that people pump out beats and instrumentals at record pace. They think that getting 50-60 beats up on their website should take priority over producing 10-15 quality tracks.

The fact that you are taking the time to properly adjust levels, apply eq/compression and listen to the mix is a sign that you are a hip hop producer.

Your Best Beats Fit the Artists

It amazes me to hear beats that seem to be made for other hip hop producers and not for artists. The only reason that hip hop production exists is to provide the framework for a song. If your song is too busy or is difficult to rap/sing on, it's just another beat.

I know that some producers participate in beat battles, but don't try to sell your battle beats to artists. It will only make you look bad to hear someone struggling on top of your track.


Do You Ever Wish YOU Had The Ability To Make REAL Hit Music Like That?


0 comments to “Are You Really a Hip Hop Producer (Part 1)?”

Post a Comment

 

Instrumentals Beats Rap Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger